Note: For changing touchpad settings in Windows 7, please see this article.
Advanced touchpad features can be found in the Mouse properties in Control Panel.
- Press the Windows key and type "Mouse."
- Select "Change mouse settings". The "Mouse Properties" box will appear.
- Select the "Advanced" tab and click on the "Advanced features settings" button. The "Advanced feature settings" box will appear.
- Select the "Touch Pad" tab. Touchpad settings can be changed from here
For example, to enable / disable scroll ability of the touchpad:
- Under the "Touch Pad settings" area, ensure "Use Scroll function" is checked.
- To define the scroll area of the touchpad, click the "Settings" button. The "Touch pad settings" box will appear.
- Â Select the "Scroll Area" tab and select the area of the touchpad that responds to the scroll function.
- If scrolling still does not work, click here for addition troubleshooting.
Depending on your model, the exact location within the Mouse Properties might be slightly different. Look for a tab called "Device Settings" or "Advanced." You might have to click a "Settings" or "Advanced feature settings" on this tab.
Here you should find a variety of options and settings for using your touchpad.
CLICK HERE for information about gesture control (finger swipe) settings.
For more information, please see the following video: